Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Texas!!!!!!!!

I love love love Texas! I always have since I would visit my cousins in the summer when I was little. I also love my Texas family and do not get to see them nearly enough so when my cousin Aline told us she was getting married in San Antonio there was no question we would go. Something different about this trip is that there is no Alex or Lukas in these pictures. For the first time EVER since we had Alex, we took a weekend away just us. Well, us and tons of our family but still. It was a wonderful relaxing weekend with so many different experiences but mostly it was filled with love.

One of my favorite things about Texas is all of the trees and plants just everywhere. This is the view from our room.
Mama and Greg on the Riverwalk for Aline's wedding brunch
My favorite bridge

Family shot
One of my favorite people in the whole world, my cousin Katie and I
The ladies all dressed up; Katie, Valerie, Mama and meUncle Chris and Aunt GayLynn all dressed up for Aline's wedding
Aunt Sheri and Uncle Mark
Grandmommy
Wilson and I

Stunning reception
Gorgeous flowers

Half of those cacti are cakes!


The grooms cake since he is from San Diego
The brides cake just overflowing with fresh flowers


On the way to the farm! The wildflowers were just breathtaking all the way there.
We're here!
This is what heaven looks like
Tyler getting a ride from Uncle Wilson
Puppy love
The original cousins and their hubbies.
Mama and I in the bluebonnets
Katie, Tyler and I
The ladies
Probably the last year his Daddy will let us do this. :)



Uncle Duffy on the BBQ, don't ask for the recipe.
He could tell you but then he would have to kill you.
Aunt Valerie's amazing pickles
Perfection in a rib

Happy Easter! This is what a perfect Easter dinner looks like!
The traditional Easter games were so much fun! I think we will have to do this in Colorado from now on. Egg races.
He is so calm!
Notice there is no egg on the spoon anymore
The men celebrating their victory
The egg toss, the ladies pictures were not too terribly flattering so we have the men for you.
Rolf, nice form!
Uncle Chris
Greg
Wilson
Duffy
The winner!
Happy Easter Tyler!
My favorite picture!
Go Grandmommy!
My beautiful cousin and her sweet sleepy baby
Mama's huge catch, I was laughing so hard I was crying.
Aunt GayLynn's equally huge catch!
Now that is a catch!

Oh I love cows!

Luna Moth
Giant Catfish!
Our hitchhiker inch worm

1 comment:

Katie said...

LOVE this blog post!!! So many great pictures and memories! I can't wait to do it again!!