Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Random Things...

My friend Nicole at Single Mom Reality Check tagged me in this fun post so here we go...
There are five rules:
  1. Post these rules
  2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things about you
  3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post
  4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them
  5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them

11 Random Things About Me:
  1. I have been to 24 countries.
  2. My sisters call me "Chipmunk" because I talk a lot, have big cheeks and I am always scurrying about.
  3. I am super Patriotic!  The flag and its gorgeous colors have become the theme for me.
  4. I have lived in Colorado for 19 years and I would not change it but I am still a California girl.
  5. I LOVE food, wine and to cook.  I am in love with anything from Pioneer Woman.
  6. I am a huge hockey fan and love to cheer for our Avs!
  7. I have been called a control freak on more than one occassion but the sad part is that I don't see it as a bad thing.  I am a huge planner and when I start to get stressed out my hubby tells me to make a list because it will calm me down. 
  8. I have 2 boys who I love more than anything in the world and I am so grateful that I have them.  I also am blessed with 3 "nieces" Annabelle, Madelyn and Macie, 1 "nephew" Parker and my boys best friend Alexis so I get my girl fix.
  9. I am named after the Beatles song.
  10. I love Mason jars, in a somewhat unnatural amount.  I just think they have the best look and the things you can do with them are endless!
  11. I believe that family is more than blood relatives.  I believe that "it takes a village".  Our "family" is our village and we picked them ourselves.
Nicole's questions for me:
1.What is your favorite childhood memory? I am very lucky, I have a lot of wonderful memories as a kid. I am super visual so the memories flash in my mind like pictures. My Papa has to be number one, he is my angel that I lost way too young. He used to take me to the pool, to the coast, to McDonald's which was a huge treat and we used to make jewelry in his garage.  I got to travel a lot so that is in there, I had been to 24 countries before I was 21. My 15th birthday has always been one of my favorites. I was moving from my hometon all the way to Colorado so as a farewell-birthday party my best friends surprised me with a limo and a ride to In and Out. It was the perfect night! 

2. East Coast or West Coast? Oh goodness, West. Why? Because a Cali girl would never answer otherwise.

3. Have you ever broken a bone? How did it happen? I have cracked my wrists a couple of times but never broken a bone completely. 

4. What is the name of your first pet and how did you come up with the name? My first pet was a Samoyed named Shelby.  I adored her!  We got Shelby when I was one so I had nothing to do with her name except that my Dad wanted to name me Shelby after the engines and since did not happen, the dog was named pretty quick.

5. Who was your first crush? Celebrity or reality. Jeffrey Huerth, we were 3 and I loved him deeply. :)

6. What is the one place you’ve always wanted to go but haven’t had the chance? I have a travel wish list a mile long but someday I will go to Antarctica.  Strange choice, yes.  My Papa also had the travel bug and before we lost him he made me promise to go to his favorite 3 places.  Kenya, The Galapagos Islands and Antarctica.  Antarctica is the only one left.  Other than that I really want to go to Italy, Greece and New Zealand.

7. Favorite hobby? Besides traveling I love photography, it is my kind of art.

8. Are you a Droid or iPhone user? Why? I am a Droid user because Tmobile does not have iPhones.

9. What is your biggest pet peeve and why? Rude and disrespectful people who do not stand and remove their hats when the National Anthem is played.  I will tell them so too which will probably get me into trouble some day but I am so passionate about it, I don't care.  Freedom is not free and my hubby and his friends and countless other Americans did not sacrifice so you could sit on your butt.

10. Do you have a tattoo(s)? What is it/are they? No, I am chicken.  I actually know what I want but I want it to look like a photo not a cartoon so I am too worried it will not turn out right.

11. Do you have any regrets? Of course.

My questions for you:
  1. Does your name have a story?
  2. What is your favorite song and why?
  3. What is your favorite quote and why?
  4. What is your favorite hobby?
  5. What is your travel wish list?
  6. What is your favorite time of year or holiday and why?
  7. Describe your perfect day.
  8. What is your favorite sound or sight?
  9. What is your favorite recipe?
  10. What is your favorite book?
I tag Cathryn and Katie!

No comments: