For our Spring Break all 4 of us headed to Cali for a week of what my Dad calls the best state because you can ski and surf in the same day!
Excuse the cell picture but this is Alex helping the flight attendants pass out snacks. I love Southwest! They gave a antsy kid something to do and he was so proud of himself!
We left directly from the airport and headed up to Big Bear. I love this town, half way up the mountain I can smell the trees and I know I am almost home.
The boys were so excited to learn how to ski. It brought back so many memories for me.
All set for the morning!
Pop and Lukas. My Dad is an expert skiier. He has been skiing since he was 3 and actually used to work at this resort, basically so he could ski for work and ski for free. He knows everyone in town and on the mountain so I knew the boys would be in good hands. He gave them a few pointers before hand and it was clear they were naturals. It runs in the family apparently!
After almost 20 years I am going to ski again. Don't get me wrong, I used to ski all of the time and since I was 2 but it had been a long, long time and I was pretty nervous.
Playing with Auntie Valerie
Here they go! My Dad's friend Debbie was the boys instructor and she was amazing with them. They were off the bunny hill on the first day and cruising along!
With Wilson watching the boys from the bottom of the hill, Valerie, Dad and I headed up the familiar mountain to see if it was like riding a bike.
Thankfully at least some of it is! I remembered most of the skills and only fell once in 2 days. My back did not agree with my choice of activities but a few Motrin now and again got me through the majority of two days. Skiing again with my Dad and little sister was a blast!
Isn't she gorgeous!? She takes my breath away.
I think he is a natural!
He loved it until...
This picture makes me laugh, he is so serious, so focused. Valerie used to have the same look on her face when she was little.
He's a pro!
This is what I hear all the time, "Mom, when can we go skiing again?"
My boys at the top of the mountain, courtesy of Debbie














No comments:
Post a Comment