Monday, August 24, 2009

1st Day of School!

1st day of school came in a hurry this year!
I am not sure I am ready for both of my babies to be in the
big world but, here they go ready or not.

The barrel of energy this morning and his big brother.
Our big 1st grader!
2nd grade here I come!
Taking the same walk that Daddy took a long time ago.
Ok, for those of you who do not know Blue, our cat is a little different. We found him out in the country and are pretty sure he is part lynx or something because he is crazy but he has the hugest personality and understands everything we say. Today he did the strangest thing, he walked the boys to school! We were walking along and realized he was with us, 3 blocks later he was still there, meowed to the boys as they ran off and then waited at the edge of the school yard. When Wilson and I came back he was waiting there to walk back with us, "talking" about it the whole way home. So sweet!
"Uh-oh, that means hurry, Lukas!"
"Maaaam, don't take my picture!!!"
Happy to report, it was a great first day! Alex described it as "perfect" and Lukas did not even need his big brother to walk him places by the end of the day. You know, you hope you are teaching them well and every once in a while when you get to see it, it is a "perfect" day!

No comments: