Monday, October 24, 2011

A day on the sea side

We needed a slower pace day so we slept in and then went for a seaside picnic with Pop. There is this bakery/sandwich shop in Point Loma that honestly is heavenly. The PBJ alone is to die for and don't even get me started on the turkey club. There bread is so amazing... sorry I really love food. Anyway, we sat down by the channel in Point Loma and had our picnic and of course the boys were off exploring before we knew it. Leaving me with their sandwiches so that worked out well for me.

Then they brought him back. "Isn't he cool, Mama?" "Isn't he creepy, Alex?" It was low tide as you can see and they amazed Pop and I with what they could find.
I think they found a friend.
Can you see him? A little fish, I think they named him, Fred. How did they see that?!
We spent the rest of the day down at the tidepools of Cabrillo. Such a gorgeous and perfect way to spend the afternoon. We saw a bunch of birds, a sealion, fish, crabs and even an octopus in the water and the tidepools!


Here are my children, about to learn how the tide works. They would not listen to me when I told them it would come in fast. Alex navigating Lukas on the rocks. At this point I am basically screaming, "Get back here, don't make me come and get you!" You know, true Cali native panic that my children are now surrounded by water in rocks.

Ah good, they made it. I wasn't worried. What is in that crack? Oh good, another friend, Mr. Crabby
If you push really hard you can do it, Alex!

No comments: