For our last day on vacation we went to Coronado off the coast of SD. It is so unbelievably beautiful there, it does not seem real. We went to the beach right in front of the famous hotel and the boys ran straight for the ocean. Alex always tells me he is "half-Californian". I tell him that is not how it works and he is Coloradan. He says, "Why, I am part Swedish and part Italian but, I was not born there." Now, how can you argue with that logic. So apparently my half-Californian boys have it in their blood to love the ocean, sand and any activity that goes with it because they certainly do not behave like the land-locked children that they are. Lukas ran out with his boggie board and jumped in before I had a chance to set my camera for the bright glare of the sand or get whatever goop had appeared on my lens off. I still love this shot! True joy is what I have captured here.
Alex playing in the sand, telling me he is a happy boy.
Building, he is quite the little engineer
My favorite new picture of Alex.
Proud "surfer"
That was fun!
Whoa!
Wipeout!
I think he's got it!
I did it!
And now, back to building
See, look what I made!
Penguin in the sand by Lukas
Pop took pictures of my sisters and I because I insisted that on this trip we were going to get a good one. I think we got it! This one is now framed in my office and reminds me every day of the perfect day on the beach.
No comments:
Post a Comment