Friday, October 7, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday Lukas Wayne!

I can't believe it but my baby boy is 8! He said he had the "best" day and he was a "lucky" boy. I made him a special breakfast, it was "his" day at school with cupcakes too, he got picked up early and then Pop and Andrea took him to "It's All Peachy" the frozen yogurt place. Then he had the first of two parties! How I got talked into that I don't know but really it turned out great! Betcha can't guess what kind of party he had!

A penguin party of course! I did not get very good pictures but it really turned out well. It helps that all the stores have Christmas stuff in October so finding snowflakes was not a problem. It probably also helps that Lukas' favorite color is blue and he has a million penguins. I used cotton snow to give the penguins a snowy backdrop and then used every stuffed or plastic penguin that he has. Trust me, it was plenty! See the 1 polar bear, that was Alex's special touch.

We hung blue and white sparkly snowflakes from the ceiling so it was like a winter wonderland!

I used our snowflake blanket as a furry tablecloth and the kids all made their own snowglobes with different colors of glitter.

A snowy type birthday cake with the #8! I did not get a good picture of the food from the party but it was another Lukas designed menu with all of his favorite foods. Homemade mac & cheese, fresh berries with blueberries playing a major role, homemade cornbread, marinated tomatoes and sweet tea! Yum!

The birthday boy with the happiest look on his face!

Alex and Sophie playing with tap zoo

All of the littles. See, Lukas loves his little cousins and his little "cousins" so we decided to have 2 parties. One family party for all of the littles and then a friend party with all of the big kids. Mixing the two just did not seem like a good idea. Alex and Mady, Annabelle, Sophie, Christopher, Lukas, Macie, Parker and Katie. How cute are they!


No comments: